The Sustainability Learning Center describes itself as the "learning and networking hub for sustainability."
They seem to have concisely packaged the powerful strategic approach to sustainbility of The Natural Step with other content and tools, such as industrial ecology, so that one can easily understand the benefits and acquire the concepts, tools, and training programs required for any particular firm.
They characterize sustainability as the key driver of innovation as follows:
Sustainability delivers an abundance of organizational and technical innovations that yields both bottom-line and top-line returns. Less waste generates more profit. New “green” and “greener” products open new markets and drive market share
The Sustainability Learning Centre is a training, networking and technology transfer hub designed to unlock sustainability innovations and “green” profits by:
- reducing energy, water, waste and emissions
- creating competitive advantage through sustainability
- launching authentic “green” products
- attracting loyal “green” customers
- activating meaningful “whole” employee engagement
- decreasing climate change, energy and resource scarcity risks
The Centre drives innovation and develops practical Green Core Competencies® through the eco-efficiency, eco-effectiveness and eco-restorative practices of sustainability.